Monday, September 7, 2009

A Note about Names

"Every person is a new door to a different world." - John Guare

As this blog progresses through it stages of stories, thoughts on all we are learning, and chronicles the wild and woolley experience of myself and others, I would like to leave out proper names for the sake of sanity, and safety, for all.

While my fellow students may actually even ASK to be put in the blog, I would like to protect all of us from my own writing blindness, some mis-placed humor, or some commentary on the day. Additionally, as a form of practice, it is nice to just notice what 'worlds' one is opened to when exposed to the actions and reactions of a person, rather than the label we may put on them, even a name. (Now there's a nice socio-anthropological perspective for you!)

So while you, my friends and readers, may just be DYING to know who did what/who speaks what, no go. You will just have to content yourself with the open doors and windows of my spoken-word rants. My goal is to let our experiences define our 'selves'- at least for this moment in time.

HOWEVER, with that being said, we are all quickly developing nick names around here! Mistress of the Crashes just may be a winner.

By the way, today's Indonesian lesson is:

terima kasih- Thank you!

with a "you're welcome" reply: sama sama!


Sama Sama!!

No comments:

Post a Comment